Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A day away from the couch at last....

I have been helping to choose doors. Remember the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom of a few months ago? We have moved on to my friend's doors, paint, other bathroom, lights, flooring etc etc etc. In fact, the builder sees me arrive and groans - oh *** here comes trouble - yep. That would be me.


I love building sites. Houses. I absolutely love reading floor plans. I think I may be a little odd. And those sweet little test pots of paint? Lead me to them. I get all excited in DIY stores too. I had to be dragged away from bench saws last week.

However, as I am driven around, dispensing my invaluable advice, and being fed lunch and coffee.... we had to establish coffee as part of the ground rules...... I am happy to oblige. I am a lot cheaper than an interior designer. As in "free". And it is not my couch. I get out a little. Life and all its excitement is just beyond the car. I am easy to amuse, people. Especially when I make decisions suggestions and don't have to pay.

Anyway. I have been on a door hunting jaunt in the rain. It was fun. And on the way home, I had a call from the consultant to say he wants to see me on Thursday morning, which is excellent news. After 12 weeks, I will not be leaving his consulting room without a treatment plan. His secretary, bless her heart, has pulled strings with vigour for me, and I am beyond grateful. I am just happy he survived his cycle trip from Lands' End to John o' Groats. She has even guaranteed to see that he is there in person and not some new registrar. She is a gem.

So today is all good so far. You needed to know this!

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Good luck with that appointment!!! I'll be thinking of you on Thursday. In the meantime, enjoy the building diversions :)

Anonymous said...

My be you have a new career ahead of you - doors.

Janine said...

Great news that you are going to see the consultant. I think that he may have met his match!

Chris said...

"Slamming" good! Make him give you a plan for that "hinge" and don't take no for an answer! I see doors opening all over for you, Linds. Just grab hold of the knobs and turn 'em!

Gillie said...

Hooray, the funny Linds is back! I'm so glad, you've had a rotten time. All will be well, all manner of things will be well, finally.
gillie

someone else said...

Three cheers for the consultant. I hope it's a very satisfactory meeting.

Reading floor plans is actually quite fun, especially when coffee is involved.

Susie said...

You sound happy and upbeat. I'll be praying that all goes well with the consultant. If cycling is a hobby of his, he will realize how important mobility is to you!
xo

Dawn said...

I'm catching up - I am also a story teller. Not a devotional writer as some of our dear friends. Not a commedian, as several of our friends. But a story teller.

I'm so glad you found a good secretary - we are the ones who keep things moving in the world, you know!

I hope to be up and running with invited friends - though I will miss the drop-ins tremendously!

Joyful Days said...

I'm a floor plan junkie. I should have really pursued a career as an architect, but you know the fame of mommy-hood won out.