Thursday, September 18, 2008

Awards and tags...


I have been given this award by Jeanne of At a Hen's Pace - thank you very much, my friend! And now I have to pass it on to 6 more people. I am the absolute WORST at awards and things, I forget to post them, and even worse still, I forget to pass them on. I am dire, and apologise to everyone who has been gracious enough to give me awards in the past. I am a reformed woman.
So here goes.......

Heidi at Butterfly Mama

Jo at Moodscapes

Mary at Random Thoughts

Judith at Flight Song

Morning Glory at Seeds from my Garden

Susan at Swiss Family Olsen

While there are familiar faces there, I have also added a few new blogs I have found, and absolutely love. Go visit them and see! And for heaven's sake, tell Mary NOT TO STOP BLOGGING. Mary lives in Australia, and Susan in Switzerland. Judith is of course, Barb's Mom, and the others are old blogging friends of mine. Great reads, and lovely ladies, all of them. Pass them on to 6 people if you wish!

This is why I hate passing on awards. I want to give them to everyone. I love you all.

Then, Jeanne also aske me to list 6 weird or odd things about me. My children or sister, or friends, or mother could probably come up with a whole book of odd things to write about. Hmmmm.
  1. I go barefoot as much as possible, and in summer, would hardly ever wear shoes if I didn't have to.
  2. I have to read in the bath every night. This is why my library of books is "interesting". Clean, but interesting in shape.
  3. I am knitting chopped up plastic carrier bags. Why? I have no idea. I am making an interesting bag. It makes a noise when I knit.
  4. I have yet to learn how to operate the DVD player. It arrived in this house in 2000.
  5. I can never find my glasses. They are usually on top of my head.
  6. I have a scroll saw in my kitchen. Everyone should have one in their kitchen. It is very useful.

There you are. See? I actually managed to post something. Feel free to do this one, if you haven't done it before, and come back and tell me so I can come and see if I really am very odd or in the company of friends!

Tomorrow we will discuss eyes.

6 comments:

zztop357 said...

How about pouring me a cup of that coffee? Love the new look. I went off and come back on, I thought I was on the wrong blog!!! LOL.
Tell MG she's a genius. God bless.
Donna

Needled Mom said...

A scroll saw in the kitchen -- very interesting. I can understand a band saw, but a scroll saw?????

Love the new look, Linds.

Dawn said...

Lovely list of oddities - if I hadn't just finished a post, I would definitely try to think of 6 odd things about myself - ha!!

Have a wonderful week-end!

At A Hen's Pace said...

Linds--

I am impressed! Especially with your new look...but also by your reformation--that was quick response time if I've ever seen it! (It took me 2 months to get around to the tag, and a week to pass on the award.)

Great job all around! :)

And you must post a picture of your plastic bag knitting!

Jeanne

Vee said...

Whatcha doin' with the scroll saw?

I can't find my glasses either. I've got three pairs running around here somewhere and I can't find any of them.

Must follow your links as soon as I find a few quiet moments.

Butterfly Mama said...

Oh my, you are just so sweet!! Thanks!!! I'm going to have to get better about awards and stuff myself!

What is up with the scroll saw, going into a meat carving competition or something!

And I just adore your new blog face here. Mine needs a big facelift but I always mess stuff up everytime I change it!

Hugs,
Heidi