Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A special blessing......

There I was, minding my own business, waiting for a friend to collect me for a visit to our garden centre for tea, and the postman arrived. Late. Very late. He rang the doorbell. This is not normal. And I went to see what the problem was, and he handed me a parcel. A totally unexpected parcel. So I looked at it, and recognised the name and stood there saying - it is from Crystal! She lives in Canada!

He must have thought I had a screw loose.

I dashed hobbled inside, and tossed the letters and bills aside, and opened it and ......

LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!

The most wonderful, thoughtful gift, from my friend, Crystal at Be the change you want to see !! I have been so spoilt! A lovely set of cards, a Worship CD which is playing as I speak, Hawaiian Colada Rooibos tea, Ginger Bounce Rooibos tea, Icewine chocolate and best of all, a beautiful handmade card, with a handwritten note from Crystal.

Sigh. You cannot guess at how broad my grin is at the moment. And has been ever since it arrived. Thank you SO much, my friend. What a beautiful gesture of friendship.

So

I googled her address, and came up with a possible phone number, and called her. Of course I did. Thank heavens the number was right. And that she answered. And we talked for nearly an hour and believe me, the conversation never faltered for a second. It was such fun! Once I had explained who I was, that is!

What a lovely day it has been. I can't wait to meet her in person one day, and if you don't already know her, pop over now and visit. She and I are very alike. We laugh about how similar we are, and oh my did we laugh on the phone too. Conversation is so easy when you know someone so well.

If ever there was a good reason to blog, this is it. Chatting to friends on the phone, and meeting them in person too. I have been so blessed here. Both in the wonderful friends I have met and got to know in person, and those I have talked to on the phone. It just keeps getting better! We really are a community!

Thanks again, Crystal!

11 comments:

Dawn said...

I just left you a note on the previous post and then discovered that you'd written more. What a wonderful surprise! We are indeed a community - and I miss everyone so much!

someone else said...

What an absolutely delightful surprise! You deserve it!!

Sandra said...

That is such a sweet gift from Crystal :)

Crystal said...

The pleasure was all mine today, Linds! You could not have given me a better gift. It was such fun to discuss things with you and hear your delightful accent. I had to listen closely a couple of times :)) Enjoy the treats - I'm glad they brightened your day. You deserve every one of them for the joy, laughter and thinking that you bring to my days.

Praying that the appointment goes well today. Talk to you soon - for real!!!!!!!!!!

Kelli said...

What a sweet thing! (Isn't hobbling a kick in the pants?)

Anonymous said...

What an unexpected blessing :-)

Needled Mom said...

What a thoughtful gesture for Crystal to do. I'll bet those phones lines were buzzing the entire time.

meggie said...

How lovely. sounds just what you needed to cheer you up!

zztop357 said...

Thats just what you needed on a rainy day. I love surprises. I hope you had a good day afterward too!!!
God bless, Donna

Butterfly Mama said...

How fun!!!!

Hugs,
Heidi

Vee said...

Grinning from ear to ear...how wonderful!